The Framework-based Design Method for Web Engineering (FrameWeb) is a Web Engineering method that targets Web-based Information Systems (WIS) that use certain kinds of framework (Front Controller, Dependency Injection, Object/Relational Mapping) in their architectures.
The method was originally proposed by prof. Vítor E. Silva Souza during his Masters degree. An evolution of the method using model-driven tools and techniques was proposed by Beatriz Franco Martins for her Masters under prof. Vítor’s supervision. New students have joined more recently, building on top of the model-driven foundations established by Beatriz.
- The full meta-model and tool implementation for FrameWeb can be found here: https://github.com/nemo-ufes/FrameWeb;
- Reports from the undergraduate students on using FrameWeb on the design and development of the SCAP system with different frameworks (in Portuguese): using JSF, using VRaptor.
Publications on FrameWeb:
- V. E. S. Souza and R. A. Falbo, “An Agile Approach for Web Systems Engineering,” in Proc. of the 11th Brazilian Symposium on Multimedia and the Web, 2005, p. 1–3.
- V. E. S. Souza, T. W. Lourenço, R. A. Falbo, and G. Guizzardi, “S-FrameWeb: a Framework-Based Design Method for Web Engineering with Semantic Web Support,” in Proc. of the 2007 International Workshop on Web Information Systems Modeling, 2007, p. 55–66.
- V. E. S. Souza, R. A. Falbo, and G. Guizzardi, “A UML Profile for Modeling Framework-based Web Information Systems,” in Proc. of the 12th International Workshop on Exploring Modeling Methods in Systems Analysis and Design, 2007, p. 149–158.
- V. E. S. Souza and R. A. Falbo, “FrameWeb – A Framework-based Design Method for Web Engineering,” in Proc. of the 2007 Euro American Conference on Telematics and Information Systems, 2007.
- V. E. S. Souza, “FrameWeb: um Método baseado em Frameworks para o Projeto de Sistemas de Informação Web,” Universidade Federal do Espírito Santo 2007.
- V. E. S. Souza, R. A. Falbo, and G. Guizzardi, “Designing Web Information Systems for a Framework-based Construction,” in Innovations in Information Systems Modeling: Methods and Best Practices, 1 ed., T. Halpin, E. Proper, and J. Krogstie, Eds., IGI Global, 2009, p. 203–237.
- B. F. Martins and V. E. S. Souza, “A Model-Driven Approach for the Design of Web Information Systems based on Frameworks,” in Proc. of the 21st Brazilian Symposium on Multimedia and the Web, Manaus, AM, Brazil, 2015, p. 41–48.
- D. R. Celino, L. V. Reis, B. F. Martins, and V. E. S. Souza, “A Framework-based Approach for the Integration of Web-based Information Systems on the Semantic Web,” in Proc. of the 22nd brazilian symposium on multimedia and the web, Teresina, PI, Brazil, 2016, p. 231–238.