Ontology Pattern Languages
An Ontology Pattern Language (OPL) is a network of interconnected Domain-related Ontology Patterns (DROPs) that provides holistic support for solving ontology development problems for a specific domain. An OPL contains a set of interconnected DROPs, plus a modeling workflow guiding on how to use and combine them in a specific order, and suggesting patterns for solving some modeling problems in that domain.
This project aims at promoting Ontology Engineering by means of Ontology Patterns and OPLs.
For further information on the developed OPLs:
- ISP-OPL – ISO-based Software Process OPL Specification – Version 1.0
- S-OPL – Service Ontology Pattern Language Specification – Version 1.5
- Falbo, R.A., Barcellos, M.P., Nardi, J.C. and Guizzardi, G. Organizing ontology design patterns as ontology pattern languages. In The Semantic Web: Semantics and Big Data, pages 61-75. Springer, 2013.
- Falbo, R.A., Ruy, F.B., Guizzardi, G., Barcellos, M.P. and Almeida, J.P. Towards an enterprise ontology pattern language. In Proceedings of the 29th Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, pages 323-330. ACM, 2014.
- Barcellos, M.P., Falbo, R.A., and Frauches, V. Towards a measurement ontology pattern language. In ONTO.COM/ODISE@ FOIS, 2014.
- Ruy, F.B., Falbo, R.A., Barcellos, M.P., Guizzardi, G. and Quirino, G.K. An ISO-based software process ontology pattern language and its application for harmonizing standards. ACM SIGAPP Applied Computing Review, 15(2):27-40, 2015.
- Quirino, G.K., Nardi, J.C., Barcellos, M.P., Falbo, R.A., Guizzardi, G., Guarino, N., Bochicchio, M., Longo, A., Zappatore, M.S., Livieri, B., Towards a Service Ontology Pattern Language. Proceedings of the 34th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling (ER 2015), Stockholm, Sweden, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 9381, Springer, 2015, 187 – 195.
- Falbo, R.A., Quirino, G.K., Nardi, J.C., Barcellos, M.P., Guizzardi, G., Guarino, N., Longo, A. and Livieri, B. An ontology pattern language for service modeling. In Proceedings of the 31st Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing. ACM, 2016.